My Personality Slide

My original slide is slightly different in the design, but very different in its meaning. When editing the slide, I changed a few of the words, because after further thought I realized that not all of them felt like they described me. Eccentric, for example, didn’t quite fit how I wanted to describe myself, so I replaced it with caring. As for the other words, I am very passionate about debate, voicing my opinions and activism. Additionally, basketball and videogames are two big hobbies of mine.

For my image, I originally decided to use a guitar, but I changed it because it didn’t feel very personal. Instead I replaced it with one of my sixth grade projects. This project was a part of our journey in self discovery; to create a mask we thought represented ourselves. This mask is created around my identity at the time, and still holds a lot of truth in my identity today.

Many aspects of the mask are very symbolic, which I think is similar to identity in itself. You won’t be able to discover everything about me just by looking at me once. First, the forest at the chin represents my adventurous side, the river represents my creativity, and the rocks around the nose represent more jagged sides of my personality. I’m often stubborn, and easily upset. Finally, the spaces where the rest of the mask should be represent the parts of my personality I haven’t found yet. There are still holes in my mask, and parts of myself that I need to discover.

I made sure the color of the flag on the far right contrasted the background color of the words in intensity, but that they still went well together. I also tried to keep it minimalist but break up the space with the variation in value at the same time. I also contrasted the size of the text to add a bit of variation. The mask, in addition to being a part of the meaning of the slide, also adds some shape and form to the slide. Finally, I made sure to space out the word section and the mask section to follow the rule of thirds.

Screenshot 2016-12-02 at 10.15.09 AM
Screenshot 2016-12-02 at 10.15.09 AM
Screenshot 2016-12-02 at 10.15.35 AM
Screenshot 2016-12-02 at 10.15.35 AM