My tutoring experience

Blog post #1 describes about how in general kids are struggling with English as a second language. Many kids struggle with learning English in school. They may get shy, lose confidence, and not participate within the classroom. Blog post #2 explains more about my first time experience with tutoring children. It includes a personal perspective interview with one of the kids I tutored.

Some of the things that I've done to raise awareness of that issue are, going up to schools or people houses and tutor their kids with homework or help them study. I try my best to help them so that they can see the work easily in and out of school.

My opinion is that, some teachers in schools need to find a better way to elaborate the lessons more with the kids. So that the children in school will get a better understanding of whatever information they need to obtain. This will help resolve any miscommunication that would prevent the student from gaining school work understanding.

After the tutor session, I've been communicating with the students teachers about their progress and giving the teachers my opinion in the form of suggestions to give a better result of the child's learning.

The changes I've made during this process are; elaborating the work for the children to get a better understanding of the work, motivating them to have the courage to do their work in and out of school, allowing them to try things on their own, and helping them to succeed in all of the work they would turn in.

I felt great helping and getting to know the struggles that these kids face. It gives pleasure in knowing that I am here to help resolve their learning issue. What I'd learned about from this project is, having patience, explaining things to a kid, and allowing the student to work the problem out on their own then assisting them if needed.

If I had more time to spend one on one with each student ,I would feel that they are completely confident in school. What is left for me is to, make sure that they try things on their own and when they are lacking assistance is provided for them.

IMG_1521.JPGIMG_0891.JPGIMG_1525.JPG

These images above are pictures that were taken as I was tutoring students in and out of school.

Bibliography