Nasir Duppins Capstone 2021

What I have done for my capstone project was I created 3 beats. These beats are posted publicly on youtube for everyone to listen to. Each beat has its own unique sound as all of them were made using the same process. When I made these beats I used a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) called FL studios. This software is a workstation for people to record and make beats in. The goal of my capstone was to explore the music production process and use what I learned to create different beats. In order for me to learn how to make beats I had to watch youtube tutorials. I watched many tutorials on how to use FL studios and to learn how to create a beat. I learned that there are many ways you can start your beat. The common steps music producers use is brainstorming, building, arranging, then mixing. These steps helped me understand the foundations of the music production process. What I learned from this project is that music is all about feeling. People can’t just force the process people have to let the music speak to them. Letting the flow of the sound and being patient helps drive people’s creative process. The creative process helped me find my workflow as well. This project has helped me improve my work ethic. My capstone has allowed me to see the creative side of myself. Being able to have a creative process will take me far in life.

AKAI MPK mini (Keyboard Controller)
AKAI MPK mini (Keyboard Controller)
M-Audio Air (Audio interfaces convert microphone and instrument signals into a format that the computer and software recognize.)
JBL speakers and headphones
JBL speakers and headphones

Link to Annotated Bib. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X7cjfjDYWKjycvTpudRMwB1QaFDnRhsg8v4tdU6ZfJ0/edit?usp=sharing