Negative Space

photo (1)
photo (1)
photo 2
photo 2
1. A negative space is the space around and between an object, of an image.

2.One should use negative space so it can enhance  It cab affect the overall "composition" of your art work.  It can also greatly improve your ability to create more successful pieces of artwork. 

3. Negative space can be used in photography because it is a concept that's been used in art, design, architecture, and sculpture for hundreds of years. It's equally useful in photography, and can be used to turn an average photo into an outstanding one.One can use it to see shapes and sizes more effectively, and produce better images and pictures.

4.  The best way to take advantage of negative space is by when we have to design something that’s difficult or something that’s not very familiar to us. Pretend that you have the lovely task of drawing your grandmother’s beautiful, wrinkly feet. Rather than focusing on the details, such as the wrinkles, toes, and nails, start looking at the unfamiliar negative spaces, such as the spaces between her toes, the distance from the ground of each toe. This will make the most regular things seem more unique and better. 

5. We can see the chair on page 34, even though it is actually not drawn because the frame outside of it is what they have drawn not the object itself but the things around. Creating the same image but in a different and more special way; that you technically don't even make!