Net Neutrality

Untitled presentation

Net neutrality is the concept of having equal internet access for all users. As consumers of the internet, we all want it to be unfiltered, untampered exposure to the web, right? Well, the answer to that question for most is a yes. Especially as teens, the internet is probably the biggest things in our lives right now. With links to schoolwork, information, articles, social interaction, shopping and much more, the world wide web has taken over our lives the most. Because of our relationship with it, we must make sure that we’re very aware of what is going on. ISPs (internet service providers) are planning on making those unlimited waves of web into specific content that they want us to see. Why is this? Well, ISPs main goal is to make money, so the more internet you use, the more of your money they earn. With being able to control how much internet we actually intake, they’re wiping our wallets clean and cheating more people out of the access that they paid for. Of course we’re not that concerned with the initial issue now because it doesn’t affect us just yet...but that doesn’t mean it won’t. We teenagers must be aware of the issues that concern us and what we use daily. I feel that it is important for us to know so that we can be prepared for the situation head on and not be ignorant to this issue as is faces us.

Sources:

https://www.eff.org/issues/net-neutrality