Obesity Process Paper.

This project wasn’t hard, but instead complex, we had one topic and each group member had to figure out what they’ll do that’s different and affective. At first I wanted to make a poster with different things and words that represented obesity. I then procrastinated for a couple days thinking that making poster wouldn’t be something that would actually inform people. Putting a bunch of words on a poster and paragraphs would be something that no one would stand there and read.  I began to think about what would be something that was flashy but at the same time informed people. I ended up wanting to create a website, that informed people about the beginning stages of obesity. I didn’t start on the website right away, because I didn’t know exactly what I would write about that would catch people attention and at the same time not make the ones who are reading bored after the first sentence. After about a day I thought that maybe just having bullet points about the  different topics that have to deal with obesity would be something informative but short.

The different topics I focused on that deals with obesity was. who is the factor, who or what is setting the child up for obesity, which are the parents. The parents are the ones that set their children up for obesity because of their eating habits.  topics that I focused on was how to prevent obesity and set  good example for children in order for the children to begin to eat healthy, and become comfortable and use to healthy foods. Children have grown into preteens and teenagers who are obese, and recently there has been different things that has been promoting how to stay fit. I incorporate how the show “The Biggest Loser” has began to have teenagers/preteens who are obese and show them the ways to become fit and stay that way, it’s somewhat of a mini biggest loser but for kids. It wasn’t just the child's fault, but instead the household, that when children grow up they become fond of fattening foods, that they don’t really notice how bad it is for them until they get a reality check. I’ve noticed that children have no choice but eat what their parents feed them but once they become older they have the choice to eat healthy or to continue and eat unhealthy. After a while it’s in the persons hand whether to eat healthy or become so use to eating unhealthy that he/she just doesn’t have the time or the energy to do what they can to prevent their obesity to go any further. Other

The challenges during this project was that I didn’t have an idea that was final until a couple days later. Other challenges that I faced was that I wanted the website to look full and not so empty, I wanted to have tons of information that gave people insight on the stages of obesity. A couple of other challenges I faced was figuring out clever things that I could incorporate in the website, I didn’t want something that was just scratching the surface about obesity but instead things that explain to the ones who are reading that their is a bright side to obesity. My challenge was finishing the website on time, yes...I procrastinated a bit in the beginning of the project, about a week before it was due I knew what I was doing and wasn’t in a total rush to finish it, until a couple of days before it was due, I began to feel pressure to hurry and finish it. Throughout this project I’ve learned to put myself in the person’s position who’s looking at my project, if I saw a page full of facts and opinions “would I really want to read it?” or would I want to read something that’s simple but interesting?.  I’m a regular teenager who doesn’t want to read something way too long and boring, but instead something that had a bunch of bullet point facts about obesity and the different stages and things that’s within that topic.