Pipeline Monologe Project

Protester Pamela Wilkinson:

(Standing with a picket sign that is clearly against the pipeline. She is standing in the middle of a crowd of people out side of the white house. She is being pushed and shoved by other protesters but she shrugs it off.”

I am Pamela Wilkinson a very determined protester; I am fully against the pipeline. This will run in people’s backyards, your kid could be playing on this dangerous gas line just so we can get cheaper gas! Wait, they said the gas won’t be cheaper it will actually be more! The pipeline workers tried to rush the paperwork and make it so they could use a pipe thinner than its supposed to be. All of the companies involved are liars! They say it will emit no C02 when indeed gas does emit c02 and we are already 42 parts per million over the average we are supposed to have. This pipeline brings no good to anyone. We should all be protesting this monstrosity, because who does this help? It will ruin the world by all the co2 it will emit, and it will ruin on of Canada’s beauties…the tar sands. There are many other resources to retrieve energy, algae is a good natural free source of energy. Why don’t we come up with technology to turn algae into energy instead? I swear they don’t think when they make critical decisions like this; our future generations will regret their stupid opinions. They should add everyone’s opinions into consideration. If more people would hear about it then maybe they would be out here too! Protesting for our rights to have free speech. I don’t understand how people know about this and are just sitting at home and not doing anything about it. As soon as I heard about this, I was out here helping the cause.  

News reporter Sienna D. Truth:

(Sits at the desk and is playing with papaers, voice is a calm and nurturing tone.)

Good Evening Philadelphia, Welcome to news 2 day at 7. I am your reporter Sienna D. Truth here to welcome you with a harsh story. Its about the Canadian Tar sands oil, we the American people are trying to take it. We want to drill down and reach this oil, thus contaminating fresh water. Then put a pipe from the tar sands all the way down to Texas. Then after we polluted fresh water we will also pollute the air when we clean it at the gas reservoir in Texas. Then we will use this gas to fuel our cars and heat our homes. What will Canada get? Do they even have a say? Is this a good choice? Well those are some questions that will never be answered by officials but you can make a decision. I’ll list some more facts from both sides. The pro’s are that there are no significant environmental problems, cheap, reliable and it’s Over 100 billion barrels of oil. Con’s are over one thousand people have been arrested for this cause, it’s a North American beauty, making problems, and they even tried to hurry up the paperwork to make the pipe thinner and more dangerous. They will try to do it again. (raises voice and gets angry.) THEY ARE NOT GOOD PEOPLE! These are your facts from the lovely people here in Philadelphia. Live from the News 2 day station Sienna D. Truth signing out, Good night Philadelphia!

David Burkman Ceo of Trans Canada

(The man sits at a news desk, he has a deep and unsteady voice. Constantly looks over at the host, Diane Sawyer, to “confirm his answers”. His hands are shaking.)

Hello Diane and thank you for having me on the show. I am here to answer some questions from some very concerned people, they have been sending us letters and I thought now would be an appropriate time to read the answers. This comes from Sarah who lives in Alberta Canada. “I am from Alberta Canada and I have recently found out that the pipeline will run right underneath our neighborhood park and my house. This worries me deeply, I just want to know if this can harm me or my children in any way?” No, the pipe will be very deep underground and there is a very low chance that it would break. This comes from Dennis from Philadelphia he asks, “I live in Philadelphia and I know the pipeline or the proposed extended pipeline wont be near Philadelphia, but I want to know if the co2 that the dirty tar sands oil will emit will be lethal? The co2 in the atmosphere is already passed the acceptable limit, so will this top it off?” Well Dennis, if we thoroughly clean the oil and distribute it carefully then no it will not. The next question comes from Barbara from New Orleans. “I’ve heard all of the negative reactions to this pipeline project, so what are the positives?” A few positive parts to this project are that the energy consumption of the United States have gone up so much so fast that if we don’t take this it would be crazy! (stale chuckle) It’s over 100 billion barrels of oil that we should use. That’s all the time we have today, and thank you again Diane for having me.