Pipeline monologue

Hi my name is Alisha Rothwell, and I am a student at Science Leadership. I have just finish studying about the Keystone Pipeline, inside of my 10th grade history class. I created three monologue that shows different point of views from three different characters. The characters names are, cindy (the high school student), Daryl Hanna (the old lady who was arrested), and a pipe names baby boy. Below i will post my three monologue’s that I made. Followed by on I re created.

My point

__________

*a sound of the door slamming*
*talks to self, pacing back and forth*
How dare she tell me that I’m wrong??
Oh, it’s because I’m in high school sweety *imitating her voice sounding annoyed*
*phone rings, sits down*
Ugh who’s calling me? I’m not even in the mood.
*it’s her best friend*
Hey girl.
Did you do Block’s homework?
(mom starts yelling)
Hold on for a sec.
What?! I’m not eating.
Do we even have the money?
Don’t you think we should save some?
Because it’s too much money for transportation and relying on the pipeline to save us from being bankrupt is too risky.
*BACK TO THE PHONE*
No, that was just my mom getting on my nerves as usual.
She feels like because I’m 14 i’m not suppose to have my own opinions on the pipeline and our money habit.
Are you kidding me?
It’s the pipeline, how do you not know what that is?
Pipe.
P-I-P-E
Ooooh well they’re building a pipeline that is going to convert oil from Canada to Texas.
It’s suppose to save us a lot of money.
I heard Obama approved of it, but it’s causing a lot of controversy with those affected.
Yeah.
She does.
She works for them which confuses me even more.
I’m like, how do you work for a company that created this project yet you don’t agree with it?
See, I feel like this pipeline can help us in many ways su- (gets interrupted)
Wait...
What do you mean?
You agree?
So you’re telling me that you think she’s right?
And why is that?
*long pause*

OH I get it! *emphasis on the OH* It’s because she works for them that she knows the ups and downs of everything they hide from the public.
Well I haven’t thought about it that way.
Hmm.. Well girl, I’m gonna call you back.
*hangs up and runs to her mom*
Mom! Mom! I’m sorry, I want to hear your side of the story.

My Story
_______

*taping her foot*
My story...?
You wanna know my story?
*takes a deep breath*
Your government came storming in through my front door with papers.
I don’t know what kind. I couldn’t really read them because out of nowhere i hear the roaring from the trucks.
Loud noises!
There was nothing I could do, so I waited...
and waited..
*sighs*
I waited for them to go on their lunch break
I had an idea that if I were to stand in front of the construction, they wouldn’t be able to work anymore.
In the process, the workers were all yelling at me.
*becomes really agitated*
This one man had the nerve to say i was trespassing!
*in disbelief*
Can you believe that??
Hell no! I wouldn’t call it trespassing since I paid for this land with my own flesh and blood.
I mean if I didn’t y’all mother fuckers owe my mother and I about 65 years worth of money.
Why?
I paid 100 dollars a week to get my grass cut and trees trimmed, so my home would look nice and presentable.
What makes me so upset about this is that they gave us no warning. No time for us to react and make a decision.
*goes into deep thought*
Now that I think about it, We never really knew what they were doing the construction for in the first place until now.
Apparently they are making a pipeline from the South to Canada in order to transport hundred of thousands of tar sands to preserve energy.
I just think that’s pretty dumb. I heard Obama approved of it yet the north half of the country hasn’t been approved.
Wouldn’t it create global climate problems and cause carbon levels to rise? Doesn’t sound like a good idea to me...
*calms down*
I guess.
Yes, that is all.
My name is Daryl Hanna. My mother and I were both taken off of our property in handcuffs, accused for trespassing, and the judge did not make us do jail time but let us off with a warning.
This is my story.
The pipeline is still being built and we’re still finding a new place for us to live.
This is ridiculous.

Pipe
_____

(looks up)
Mom?
Are you there?
Hello?
( He has this confused look on his face)
( spots a note across the room)
is that a note?
(Reads it)
Dear Metal Jr.
The workers we spotted the other day are taking me away.
I over heard them say something about using me to convert oil?
Weird right?
but listen, don’t panic baby boy
mommy is going to be ok.
You might even get picked up and brought with me.
And hey they’re taking me down south.
Well remember when we seen that man on the big tv?
I bet you remember him. We were going on our daily roll down the street.
Well anyway his name was Obama and he decides whether or not we could do certain things.
If he becomes president again then I have a chance to come back home to you.
He approves of it down south, so thats where im on my way to.
You always wanted me to go on vaction right hhahaha.
Well I left you food and water by the mud pale thats under the big truck that hasn’t moved.
Grandmom should be on her way but you know her old rusty self takes forever.
love you baby boy, now it’s your time to show me what i thought you paid off.