Playbill - Eli Lerner and Jakob Cantor

Our Macbeth Creative Project was a playbill. Jakob and I decided on a playbill because we felt that we could operate most effectively with a project that had writing and visual aspects. We knew we wanted to have the most significant image in the play be our cover art, so we chose the crown. We also wanted to signify the violence in the play so we added a sword going through the crown with blood dripping off of it. We decided to create our own cover art because we wanted to have an original project.

An important part of our playbill is the color scheme. We decided to make the background red because of the bloody themes that are in Macbeth. The red also matches our cover art. We also thought that the linear style of coloring the background was very appealing and added a little variety.We also decided to do an act-by-act summary to inform the audience about the play they are about to watch.

We chose Kevin Hart to act Macbeth because we thought that he would be good actor for the hallucination scenes and would be somebody funny to watch when sad and going crazy. Chris Rock in our version is the Porter. This decision was made because the porter's role in the play is for comic relief. After a heavy death scene, Chris Rock is a funny person that could bring the audience back to relief with his funny humor and personality.

We hope you enjoy Macbeth!
macbeth1
macbeth1
macbeth2
macbeth2