Podcast Michael Thayres

Podcast (1)
My main goal with this podcast is to show how someones outlook can change with the experiences they have, and how this impacts identity. My brother who has had his fair share of setbacks at one point had a pretty optimistic view on life, but now it's more realistic. He dreams less, just wants to get to a point where he's independent. The work was actually getting him to say something interesting during the recording, which was more difficult than I thought it would be. 

I definitely learned a little bit about what it's like to deal with interviews and try and get interesting material from people. Since my brother was very indifferent about his answers (and I was also interrupted by my cat more than once) it was hard to get a story arc, or even anything interesting at all from him. He seemed like he just didn't have much thought at all put into the topic. So that's kind of the tone of the podcast. He's indifferent, and this is likely due to how his experiences changed his identity, whether he acknowledges that or not. 

Sherell Messing (Student 2017)
Sherell Messing

I found the same troubles of trying to get interesting material from my interviewee (my sister). Finding a story arc in an interview is hard to do. Overall, the topic was good.