Podcast Reflection

Although I have done interviews a few times before, this time it felt like something different because it was something that I could really connect with, especially because I was interviewing my own brother. I always knew that during interviews, you could find out things that you would not have known before but there was never a connection with any of the interviews I have done before. In sixth grade, I interviewed one of my teachers about him and his partner and I did not feel so interested because I could not connect with anything at all but when I interviewed my younger brother, it was different. Everything my brother said was connected to me in every way and sometimes when he spoke about something in general, there was this feeling that he was directing it at me. I learned that crossing boundaries do not have to be huge events but it can just be living life everyday just like my brother. He seemed to be so happy but inside he was feeling something different and if I had not done the interview, I would not have knew. Also, I learned that crossing boundaries can be something good but it can also be something bad. Since, I realized how my brother felt, I feel like I could use that to help show him that it’s not exactly like what he thinks. Like, when he said that he felt like a prisoner because he does so much work, I want he to look at it from a different perspective because we all do a lot of work. Not only did I learn more about my family, but I learned about making a podcast and it is something that I think will come in handle in the future. This was my first time making a podcast and it took so long because I did not know how to do it but if I was to do it again, I feel like I would be able to do it much better.