Por Favor en Gracias

Por Favor en Gracias

Common Courtesy Phrases

Phrases like “Please” and “Thank you” have been taught to us since we were small children. They are commonly used in everyday life and project a sense of respect and courtesy among people. Irregardless of what some might think, common courtesy is what will get you further in life, while also leaving a good impression!

“Thank you”. We've heard and have said it ourselves. Now how do we say it in the Spanish language? There are many ways, but a short, and common way to say it is “Gracias.”. For example, if someone holds the door for you, you'd reply with “Gracias.”. “Gracias” is only one of the many ways to express gratitude in the Spanish language.

Ever accidentally bumped into someone or tried getting their attention? These situations usually start with someone saying “Excuse me”. In English, there aren't many ways in which you can say it. This is where the complex language of Spanish comes in! There are multiple ways in which “excuse me” can be said in Spanish. And each of them have different feelings/meanings behind them.

We've all wanted something so bad, that we've practically begged before. Or, because it is polite to your partner, you say “Please” when asking for something or someone. In spanish, “please” is said as “Por favor”. This term is always needed when wanting something. And prevents you from sounding rude. It is a less demanding word and shows your proper etiquette skills.

In order to know proper etiquette in Spanish, you will need to know:

The three ways to say "Thank You"

The three ways to say "You're welcome" and the differences between the usages.

And how to say "Please"

Advert your eyes to the ways of saying these phrases below:

The video below will show the different uses of "Thank you", "Please", and "You're welcome."