Portfolio #3 (Memoir Vignette)

Introduction: This shows me a lot about my child hood. When you are reading this and is kind of afraid don’t be. Because everything that happen at this time I think was just a coincidence. I just took what my mom had told me and wrote a story about it. Well I hope you guys enjoy it, I had fun writing about this.  

Ghost boy

Do you believe in ghosts?  If not this will change you thought of them. What you are about to read is a story of me as a young boy. The situations that have happened to me were very ironic. It was 2 things that happened to me that built up to one. So, while I was around 4-6 months old in my mom’s stomach. One day my mom went to get pictures of me inside her stomach. The doctors did what ever they would do to take the picture, but saw nothing at all in my mom stomach. My mom knew that I was in there put someone the doctors couldn’t see it. But I wasn’t the ghost in side my mom stomach. It was a ghost preventing people to see me inside of her stomach. Everyone jumped up in fear and they all wonder how is this possible. The doctor’s became worried and all you heard was “ahhhh” and “oh my god” So that day my mom went home scared, panic and crying. Worried of what had happened at the doctors today. So, she decided to pray that night because she was very worried of this situation. The next time she went to the doctors, just to make sure nothing was really wrong with her. They happen to take pictures of her stomach again. But this time I was there, in side my mom stomach. My mom face became as bright as a sun and everyone became very surprised, one of the doctors were like this is impossible this can’t be happening. My mom was happy but she still had worried because what had happened was very odd.

Now the second part of this story is when I was born and grown up a bit more. It all started off when I was 3 and had became very sick. Sick to the point where I could not eat and all I did was sleep. Everyone wonder how did I get so sick and it has been for a couple of weeks now. They say it’s not a disease it was just regular sickness. In my religion, when something bad happens to a family member they have to call monks over. I am Buddhist and in my religion we believe in many things. It so seeing ghost and stuff are common for monks and talking to them. But for a person like you it will seem really awkward. So, the monk’s had put me in the middle and sat around me while my family sat around them. The room was as quiet as the nighttime. My family was just sitting still and quiet. The monks were sitting all peaceful and calm like they do this everyday. They started praying and stuff then somehow got to talk to a ghost. I don’t truly know how they where talking to the ghost but they did somehow. They found that the ghost was making me sick And That ghost was trying to go into my body but no one let it so, it keep making me sick. I do not remember if I went to the doctors but I know that I was diagnose with some medicine to help me feel better. The crazy part of this was that they said, the ghost was my grandpa. The reason this happen was that the ghost wanted to go in side the body of my dad son, and that was me. My parents and family were all worried and scared.  They didn’t know what to do so they just left the monk’s do their work. Then they were still talking to the ghost. I know it was awkward for them but that’s what they do. The tension in the room was very crazy because at this point I could have been died. But the ghost said that he would not leave until he gets what he wants and that was to take my body. No one let him so he said that well if he can’t then I would keep getting sicker and sicker. So, my family was to scared to help think of what they should do, but for sure they wouldn’t let anything happened to me. Then someone found a great idea. The ghost had said that he wanted to go in the body of my father’s son, so if I had change fathers in my religion it will stop. So as monks they did all this stuff that I don’t know. Then I had become a son of a monk. The ghost could not do anything any more because it has less power than the monk does.  I was pretty much safe after this. Just incase you are confused my dad is still my real dad but in my religion he’s not. After all of this commotion was over I had become so skinny that I had to keep eating so much to stay alive. It didn’t matter what the food was as long it was food that will help me gain pounds it will help. But after I had got everything back and my health my life became all right nothing bad like this ever happened again. My mom had never told me about this a day in my life. I found out because my older cousin told me, she said it was the scariest thing she ever saw. But one day I asked my mom why she never told me this of this happening; all she told me was that it was crazy and explained it a bit more to me because I had keep asking questions. I knew she didn’t want to talk about it but its about me and I wanted to know.

So, know as I am grown up I now realized that if all those people in my story never helped me then I wouldn’t be here writing this story right now. Also till this day I am still afraid that something like this might happen again so I now, know that I got to be careful and be aware of supernatural things happening around me.