Post-Apocalyptic Road

My map focuses on the symbol of the road.The symbol that I think the road is giving is a Post-Apocalyptic vibe.I think McCarthy’s intent in making this symbol is to show the reader how much life has changed and how hard it has gotten after the apocalypse.Everything the man and the boy did was based on survival.The road is like a never ending road to problems such as shelter,food,and regular life as they knew it.On page 158 it states “They sat for a long time.They sat on their folded blankets and watched the road in both directions.No wind.Nothing.After a while the boy said there’s not any crows are there?”McCarthy is showing what life has came to.On page 159 it states”Sketched upon the pall of soot downstream the outline of a burnt city like a black paper scrim”.This shows that something drastic has happened that changed the whole planet around.The man and the boy wish that they can have a peaceful life.They are the only ones who didn’t turn to cannibalism even though they see it all around them.It must have been very hard to not turn into a cannibal when you are very hungry and can’t really find any food.I also think McCarthy’s purpose of this post-apocalyptic symbol of the road is to prove that if you stay strong and stick together then you will survive and to not give up. I brought this map together by putting together quotes in order that tie into the road being a post-apocalyptic symbol.I used Canva and I added images that matched the quotes of the book that I chose.

Colorful Modern Business Chronology Timeline Infographic