Poverty in America

I produced a series of art work that can be displayed across a wall. From the first picture until the last picture, a story is told about poverty. I was able to create three pictures that compliment each other to create the final product.The pictures are also in black and white volume. I choose to tell my story of poverty in America to show the urgency of the matter. I did this to show the effects on children who live in poverty and show the American struggle to make it. 

Story: I would like to make a story based on poverty within America. I would like to show the effects on children who live in poverty and show the American struggle to make it.  

photo 3
photo 3
photo 1
photo 1
photo 2
photo 2
Originally, my objective was to present a piece of creative work in the form of drawing. Through the weeks, I wanted to be able to document my process by creating a website that has pictures of my pieces evolving into its’ final product. I never show things like that. But, I wanted to try. However, I became way too busy to even do two project into one. I couldn't make a website, design it, figure out what to draw, then draw it and then take pictures--- it just becoming too much for me. So, the idea of documenting was done! But, drawing what you feel and what you see is a challenge within itself but the outcome is always amazing. I hoped to gain confidence throughout this benchmark by taking a leap of faith. It was definitely something because I never did anything artisty if it wasn't for art class. I hope my audience is able to see my story and appreciate it because it did take up a lot of time.