Protecting Civil Liberties in the Digital Age Documentary - Biello/McClendon/Clarke

Protecting Civil Liberties in the Digital Age Documentary

We choose this topic because we felt as thought it was the most relatable and the one that affects us the most. Also because it was a very modern problem. The thing that I liked about the project was using the different CSPAN footage. The thing that was most challenging was the placement of the CSPAN footage that we found. The most interesting fact that I investigated was that the school district has the authority to search through your phone. This project could be improved by us using more CSPAN footage. Also we could have had more interviews from adults.

We ran into trouble with this project when deciding which of the CSPAN footage we should use and where we should place them in the final video project. The thing that went well on this project were the interviews and the questions that we asked the interviewees. The lighting that we had was very good and the responses were good as well. If I had to do it over the thing that I would change about our decisions were the peoples age groups that we interviewed. I don't think that we got a broad enough spectrum of responses. I learned that the U.S. government could be potentially listening in on our phone conversations and our text communications.