Q3 Assignments

​I would like to honestly say that I put forth a lot of effort when it came to this assignment but ran into multiple road blocks along the way. Being the type of artist I am, a semi-perfectionist, time limits is something I tend to struggle with when it comes to my art. I'll put something down and it'll scream at me for days to fix something that just doesn't look right and , the sucker I am for making an art piece that I can make it instead of letting it be, I will. This happened quite a bit with a few of my assigned art pieces. For example, my own hand I had to repeatedly go back to and alter one or two times so even the slight fingernail would stop yelling at me. This would get in the way of the next project because I'd stop, go back, fix, straighten up and wouldn't finish the next art work in time of the deadline. I'm currently still facing that problem with the still life. I've worked multiple hours on this one picture without putting a date on the full product because I know that I am capable of making it as realistic as possible so in my mind 2 hours out of a week is not going to get me to perfection. Although it is almost complete with a few shadings to do here and there this has left me behind on other assignments that no doubt will make me run into the same idealist issues. I have started the full life drawing of another classmate but with little time for her to pose or me to put down that one nagging picture I've run into some problems there. If, at best, I can post half finished work I will but definitely to my disliking. I feel like messing up is a big part of the complete product but its a process that I prefer to keep private. My viewers should receive only the best that I can offer and being true to myself and my artwork I cannot, without a guilty conscious, put up something that I didn't truly put all of my artistic ability into. It's cheating myself out as a true artist. I feel like getting in an assignment late but perfected is better than meeting the deadline with little effort. I intend to get every piece up before the next marking period with haste but definitely not carelessness. 
Photo on 2011-01-20 at 12.02 #2
Photo on 2011-01-20 at 12.02 #2
Photo on 2011-02-13 at 23.48
Photo on 2011-02-13 at 23.48
Screen shot 2011-02-23 at 11.32.41 AM
Screen shot 2011-02-23 at 11.32.41 AM
Screen shot 2011-03-25 at 1.20.18 PM
Screen shot 2011-03-25 at 1.20.18 PM
Screen shot 2011-03-15 at 2.29.33 PM
Screen shot 2011-03-15 at 2.29.33 PM