Q3 Benchmark: Public Information Campaign Reflection

The idea of making a real campaign to reveal to the outside world seemed as if it was a semi easy task. After putting more thought into it and reading the guidelines it was more of a challenge to come up with an idea than anything.

Trying to figure out how we wanted to convey the message to the audience that we chose was the hardest thing for my group mates an I to do. Considering the fact that the target audience was mainly younger children. What ever my group mates and I decided to had to be appealing to younger children, but I knew I wanted to have posters in it. If I was not sure about anything else or another idea having a poster was something I didn’t want to let go of.

So making a poster is what Quinn and I decided on, when children see colorful posters they tend to look at them. Or sometimes even drawn “funny” things on them, a child actually writing on a poster is not affective of course but when children write on papers they observe them first. That is actually what we want children to do, observe the posters. My idea was to have the poster read, “How well can you read?” in all capital letters, with a backward “e” in the word read in my opinion that would be affective. If a child is looking at the poster and thinks there is nothing wrong with it after reading it a few times they will be more than likely see that there is a problem with a word and start to pay attention when they are reading things an if they understand what they read. I was thinking along the lines of something like that we I talked to my group mates about incorporating poster into our campaign.

After deciding to make the posters and talking to my group mates about the video aspect of the campaign I think that, design was actually the easy part of the entire campaign. Making the poster was easy to design because the only thing that had to have most of the thought into it was a slogan for it and after that the only thing that was needed was the color. Putting color into an abstraction is the easy part because by then the target audience was known and the color scheme usage was already built up in my head from the beginning of the project.

Making the poster and the color choice where the straightforward parts. The harder part was getting started with the project. Although my group and I knew our topic “Literacy” we were not sure on what the best approach for it should have been. The brainstorm process was a bit bizarre because it didn’t really get the group anywhere the first time. We talked for about three minutes in the group just started throwing out any ideas that were had that might work, or anything we thought would work. But the main challenge was just finding ways to keep adding to the project to make the core message stronger but I think all the other components of the project fell into place.