Q3 Benchmark Reflection

How does this project relate to the real world?

This project relates to the real world simply because it involves everyday math. In the real world, no matter what it is that you are doing, it involves math. This project also relates to the real world because measuring houses and making modifications to buildings, and even creating blueprints are things that citizens to as a career such as architectural designing and engineering. In the real world, people are always making modifications and finding ways to make things new and more efficient. 

What was the most exciting portion of this project and why? What was the least exciting portion to this project and why?

The most exciting portion of this project would be the "blueprint." I think this was the best part, because this portion gave us the opportunity to expand our creativity and use perspective drawing. I liked this portion a lot because one of my goals in life is to become a professional architect and creating a blueprint fitted this category perfectly. 

The least exciting portion of this project would be actually going outside and measuring the houses using one of the methods taught. I didn't like this portion because during the time it was freezing cold and jotting down notes and measuring the houses wasn't pleasant. I would of liked this portion more, if the weather was better.

What did you learn from completing this project?

After completing this assignment, I learned how powerful triangles were in the math world. I understood that when using the stick, mirror, or even the shadow method, the shape of a triangle played an important role. I also learned that you should always explore multiple methods for calculating and measuring height and width because the results may very. For example, when I did the mirror method, my measurements weren't as accurate as opposed to duplicating my body height to get the actual building's height.