Q3 Benchmark Reflection

How does this project relate to the real world?
Say architecture is something that you are interested in, the calculations used in this project would help a person find the measurements of a building that would be designed or reconstructed. Another example would be if a person loved to design. Designing or redesigning the exterior of a house is not as easy as it seems. If you wanted to put a fresh layer of stucco, you would need to know the height of the building or the object you are laying it on. Maybe the height of an object determines the weight of stucco making materials that is needed. 

What was the most exciting portion of this project and why? What was the least
exciting portion to this project and why?
I think the most exciting portion of this project was the redesigning of the facade of our building. My goal in life is to become a designer or to work in the industry of design/fashion. I enjoy colors and textiles. It was enjoyable to create something of my own. I don't think there is one thing in the project that I dislike the most. It was not a difficult one, however, it was a bit time consuming. I had to measure distances outside about five times and the blueprint was not given a sufficient amount of time to work on and be completed. 

What did you learn from completing this project?
That you should never stand in front of a garage door while using the mirror method. It was the second or third time a partner of mine was using the mirror method, and as I began to measure distances from the mirror to the garage door and the mirror to her feet, the garage door began to open. We were frightened and ran to the house next door and proceeded with our calculations. Even though we almost were run over by a car, we learned that math is not easy, and you need to be careful when choosing the next step.