Q4 Artwork

​This quarter we were assigned numerous assignments, 
- Take 200 photos and edit them using a computerized program
- Create a sculpture
- Redraw a piece by a famous artwork
- Draw the bike placed in the classroom and redraw it three times. 

The project I found to be the most interesting was the editing pictures that we took. i thought this was very difficult because I had to reiterate the skills I learned last year and research on my own in order learn the program. I have a few examples on the same pictures edited in different textures, and contrast

.
Screen shot 2011-05-02 at 8.57.58 AMScreen shot 2011-05-02 at 8.57.02 AMScreen shot 2011-05-02 at 8.57.21 AMScreen shot 2011-06-11 at 8.50.33 PM

We also had to created a sculpture, I made mines out of cotton, ribbon, and old curtains. My sculpture was sew together as child holding a banquet of flowers. This was a great project for me to do because my aunt helped me with the cutting and sewing I learned a lot of techniques and shortcuts in order to still have enough time to do the project and have a finishing product I could be proud of. I think the skills learned with this project will be utilized later on in my life for multiple things.

The most challenging project was  drawing the bike still life. I think it was challenging because drawing isn't my strong paint and details was a necessity in order to portray what I was drawing. I lost my pictures but I did my negative drawing in yellow, I used the technique of coloring the entire paper then sketch bike with a pencil then using an eraser to create the lines that weren't negative. I found that to be the most difficult. But Mabintu and I worked on our projects very hard and  researched in order to complete the task because we did a lot of it independently.  

I also did pointillism for my artwork I recreated, I did not pick a specific artist but I picked a genre which I feel as though shaped the way texture using paint and art was looked at. Using this technique it creates many different sizes, color combinations, and texture on paper making the art pop out more and have more character. It tells a story that only the observer knows once it is looked at. For that I appreciate the art technique. I decided to use the colors that represent the elements of life and put them all together to show that regardless of how opposite they are all four of them is needed to create a balance and understanding of life. This year has been a privilege I was able to express my art and love of poetry and gain an abundance of skills in illustration part of art. I gained the perspective of knowing art just isn't limited to one thing.