Q4 Blog Post - Art

Since this will be last blog post for Art... ever... I would like to take the chance to get a little sentimental. Art, has always been a passion of mine but not exactly in the way that it may be for other artists. I lack inspiration, and I've lacked it for quite awhile, so my focus as an artist became improvement and growth. I focused on becoming one of the best and making realistic, beautiful pieces that I could be proud of. Freshman year I took advantage of learning the basics i.e depth, shading, and lighting and began working on pieces that put those concepts to use. I started out with anime pieces. Sophomore year I continued to work on those anime pieces and my shading technique but I found myself getting a little more cartoony here and there. Over the summer, before Junior year, I found myself getting more serious about my art. I was looking up photorealism techniques and how to sketch portraits. I recall getting some of the most amazing advice from Ms.Hull and taking it to heart. I credit her for the outcome of my very first portrait. That summer is when I fell deeper in love with art and decided to start putting together a portfolio. 

Throughout my high school career I never considered pursuing art professionally, although many people insisted I should or that it was a waste of my talent, but I always knew that I wanted to, at the least, minor in art in college. Knowing this, I chose to take art my senior year. Although the lesson plans (I felt) were slightly too cliche or easy, I did take the courses as a way to, if anything, exercise my abilities. Some were challenging (or took a lot longer than I was used to) simply for the fact that were not things that I was used to drawing and some were in color. I'm not particularly fond of using color, it's never been my strong suit, but I am fond of expanding my abilities and learned a few things from working with colored pencils. 

This year I have created my most treasured works and sketches. I know that this is partially due to the years I have spent at SLA, surrounded by encouraging, interesting, inspiring, and creative people. I also know that I would not be as confident as I am in my art if it were not for Ms.Hull and her personal encouragement and advice throughout the years. She has always pushed me to not to only do my best but to exceed my own expectations. She has given me the courage, confidence, and skill that has brought me to the place that I now am with my art and I appreciate that beyond belief. 

Hull, Thanks for introducing me to a whole new way of thinking, opening my mind, and helping me to unlock my talent. It means the world to me. 

Below is a slideshow containing the pictures I have done since my freshman year (at least the ones I'm truly proud of). I created an album on my Facebook dedicated to the things that I have drawn (not all of the pictures are professionally/correctly taken, forgive me). These are in order from oldest to newest and the last one being the most recent painting as well as my most recent favorite. 

http://www.kizoa.com/slideshow/d4676901k6379919o1/art