Qianna Nelson: Quarter 3 Benchmark

Qianna Nelson

For this quarter we did a lot of still life drawings in which we drew what we saw and not what we thought we saw. This was especially hard because when someone tells you to draw something such as a hand, immediately the thought is to trace the hand. But no. that is not what our task was. Our tasks were to look at certain things and draw everything that we saw and not how we knew them to look. Such as when we did have to draw a hand. We had to stare at our hands and draw the lines and take out the lights and darks as well as add the lights and darks. Drawing our hands were one of our more simpler projects.

Our second project was to draw our self-portraits, this was particularly harder to do then drawing a hand. A face has a lot more detail and getting the proportions are also harder. Drawing things such as the eyes and lips were the hardest parts to me. Because drawing things twice and making them look alike has always been a struggle. 

The next picture we drew was of a person, Kim. She posed for the class and we all drew her. Getting the figure right for her body was complicated and drawing the curves and such was a struggle. 

We did a still life drawing of supplies that were in the classroom. This was one of the more simpler drawing we did. The complicated parts were taking the lights and darks out of the supplies.

The last thing we were instructed to draw was something clear. I chose to draw a pair of lab goggles. I enjoyed drawing the googles and I used colors in this one besides black, since the googles were green.

The final project we did we could chose from many topics. I chose the project where we had to ARTIST FOCUS - choose an artist and create works of art that are inspired by them or that are copies of the chosen pieces.  3 pieces for art 3 students. Choose the pieces you want to copy or be inspired by, create your pieces, upload them to your blog and tell about them and why you chose that artist. Since my art focus has been on city landscapes lately I chose to draw posters of city landscapes. I chose the artist Anne Garney, because all her pictures are really colorful and I love color, and i enjoyed looking at her art so I wanted to draw something like her. 

.

IMGP2629
IMGP2629
IMGP3937
IMGP3937
IMGP3940
IMGP3940
IMGP3943
IMGP3943
IMGP3949
IMGP3949