Quarter 1: Clear Object Drawing

I would like to welcome you to look at my first clear drawing. I am in advanced art and one of the assignmets we were assigned to do is to pick a glass object and draw it as you see it. The object should appear from your point of view and should be as detailed as possible. The object that I chosr to draw was the one I thought would be the simplest, I was wrong but I chose a sort of bowl shaped object. When I first started the object I was hesistant to start becuase I didnt want to mess up, I soon got over that and decided thst I would start,from the simplest task and draw lightly. We were insructed to use a tool called charcol which is a skinny black chalk like tool and it can break very easily. My first step was some thing called shading, to do this i just took the charcol on its side and move the tool up and down left and right and then take your hand and kind of smear it in just a little bit. After I had my background all set I move on to the bowl. I first drew the top of the bowl how I seen it and then I drew the aide of the bowl and tried to make them as even on both sides as possible because the bowl is wide this was at times frustrating but I would shade again and start over. The next part is the inside of the bowl on the bottom is a circular part of the bowl but to the eye it is invisible so I had to draw it and then shade the inside of it, shading is my favorite part of the art process by the way with this project. After I drew the object the best I thought it looked it was time to put what I call the glare into the bowl where the light hits it. When I did this I had to use an eraser to give it that affect. I loved this part to I found it interesting that just with little tweaks here and there you can really make a picture come alive. After I drew this object I felt really good about it and it also made me feel more confident about doing other art in the future. I n this process I really got most of my inspiration and motivation from watching everyone in the class and watching,how their art hhas changed witht the drawing and re-drawing and changing thier perspectives and starting over. I like yhe fact that with this perticular piece we had time to think about what,we wanted to draw, and how we wanted to draw it. This gave this project more or a free independent feel rather then an assigment that you have to get done and over with. I hope you enjoyed reading my blog post about my spectacular clear art.
Photo on 11-10-11 at 1.17 PM
Photo on 11-10-11 at 1.17 PM
Photo on 11-10-11 at 1.18 PM #4
Photo on 11-10-11 at 1.18 PM #4