Quarter 1: Drawings - Lesson D, Dakota Foster

​My name is Dakota Foster and I am a senior at Science Leadership Academy. For this blog post, we will be talking about the work that we did in my art class. We had to do various lessons of a website called drawspace.com. In this blog post, we did Lesson D which was called Squirkling. I didn't enjoy doing this lesson at all, it was the hardest lesson to do for me. I couldn't really grasp the idea of what we had to do to get the certain texture in the pictures. 
Each drawing had its aspects of being a hard drawing for me. It was first trying to fully understand how to draw the texture, which I don't think I could grasp by looking at the drawings. The second was trying to get the texture to look a lot dark in places than others because I wouldn't make the squirkles close enough to each other or I didn't have the correct weight of the pen. Another thing was difficult for me was trying to draw the face of the little boy, I think I have a hard time drawing boys instead of girls. Because in the drawings of the girls, they were really great.