Quarter 3 Benchmark

Introduction: this is my compare and contras benchmark for my third quarter. This was about comparing big Dan from the movie O Brother, Where Art Thou? And the

Cyclops is from the book odyssey. All this is about is how both of them are alike.

Thesis: Even though Big Dan and Cyclops have some of the same characteristics, they are portrayed differently in the stories.

Body Paragraphs:

#1. Point of Comparison—Big Dan and Cyclops the same

Specific examples: Both have 1 eye

Both big and strong

They greedy

Stick

#2. Point of Contrast—Big Dan and Cyclops different (tricking)

Specific examples: Big Dan tricking Everett and taking all his money

Cyclops he got tricked by Odysseus when he gave him wine that made him drunk then he fell asleep. Odysseus stabs him in they eye and blind him.

#3. Point of Contrast—Big Dan and Cyclops different (Big Dan is smarter than Cyclops)

Specific examples: Big Dan did not lose his eye, didn’t get        tricked. Cyclops falls for Odysseus’ trick.

Big Dan was more prepared. He expected Everett to come. Cyclops didn’t know that Odysseus was going to come.

Conclusion: Restate your thesis. Your conclusion is that while both men have physical similarities, they are portrayed differently in how they handle situations.  Big Dan seems to be smarter than the Cyclops because he is prepared for Everett and doesn’t fall for his tricks.