Quarter Three Work

​TEACHER ACTION GROUP LOGO

This quarter, I focused mostly on logo design. For the most part, designing a logo for Philadelphia's Teacher Action Group took up my time and energy. I started this project by following the concept that was given to me by the group. This consisted of the name of the group in bold font, Philadelphia is thin lettering underneath, colored backing, and sunburst rays shooting out of the text. I came up with the following design and several variations just in case:
TAG BASE DESIGN
TAG BASE DESIGN
​Eventually, I edited the design until I came up with this somewhat-final design:

Teacher Action Group Final
Teacher Action Group Final
Accompanying the design(s) I created based on The Teacher Action Group's guidelines, I designed two logos that I was inspired to create for the organization. I drew my inspiration from protest, considering that The Teacher Action Group is all about fighting for teacher rights and making sure that teachers' needs are met, and that they get the resources they require. My design is focused on the exclamation mark, which is easily the most renown symbol of reaction and energy, which are essential emotions for protest. 
I started by incorporating the name (Teacher Action Group) into the longer component of an exclamation mark, and then I added a smaller exclamation mark into the smaller component of the larger exclamation mark. After some editing, I didn't like the smaller exclamation mark in the larger exclamation mark, because it seemed a little too repetitive. I came up with the concept of illustrating the Philadelphia skyline into the smaller component of the exclamation mark. After playing around with that idea, I found a final design I felt content with.
Below are the final two designs that I came up with based on the exclamation mark concept. I created two logos instead of just one, because they both serve different purposes. The horizontal logo is geared more so towards branding on websites and banners, whereas the vertical design is geared towards apparel such as t-shirts.
TAG Philly Horizontal
TAG Philly Horizontal
TAG Philly Vertical
TAG Philly Vertical
Here is a picture of a t-shirt model that I photoshopped the vertical exclamation mark logo onto. I believe the design would be quite eye-catching, just enough so to intrigue people without being obnoxiously attention seeking.
Model TAG Vertical Philly
Model TAG Vertical Philly
Notes: 
  • I created these designs using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
  • The project is not completely finished just yet.

MS. RAMI'S LOGO

A couple weeks ago, I began to design a logo for a blog Ms. Rami will be using. I started by playing around with the lettering of her name, and came up with several concept sketches which are shown below:
Sketch1
Sketch1
photo copy
photo copy
After I sketched the concepts shown above, I started translating them to Adobe Illustrator and I came up with these two rough designs so far:
mramilogo2
mramilogo2
mramilogo1
mramilogo1
I really liked the concept of combining her initials to create a symbol. The two designs above will just be the beginning of this concept.
​Obviously, this project is ongoing, and will take a considerable amount of time to complete. Along with designing the branding of Ms. Rami's website, I will also be designing the layout of the site. I am really excited to be designing for Ms. Rami, and I can't wait to really start exploring more aspects of graphic design through application and self-learning.