3rd Quarter Sabrina Stewart-McDonald

These were hard because a lot of the mediums and drawing styles weren't the ones I was accustomed to. I had to adjust the way I held a pencil (or piece of charcoal for that matter) and how I approached the object/ person/ feature I was drawing. I really liked doing the hand drawings, because when I was drawing my hands, I could look very closely at them without using a mirror. Also, instead of looking up then glancing back down to draw, I could hold my hands near the paper and just glance to the side quickly. I think I was most successful in drawing my hands, because I feel like I really got the shadowing down compared to the facial pictures. Drawing for a week made me feel relaxed. I looked forward to art because I knew that all I had to do was sit down and draw exactly what I saw. I think there should have been a short lesson on human anatomy because when I was drawing the full figure, I wasn't sure if I drew things to the right proportion or if I was drawing parts of the body the right way. I think I should've paced my time more. I finished everything on time, but I did some things out of order and I believed I would've been more organized if I would've just followed the schedule online.

For my artist I chose a French street artist called Monsieur Qui. I wanted to do something a little different and out of my element, so I wanted to do something dealing with street art. As I looked through some of the most famous street artist, I noticed Monsieur Qui's work. The work I based my drawings off of are kind of like calligraphy letters with a twist. I basically took the letters in his work and changed them around to make something new. I decided to do the letters because I knew I'm not very good at lettering and I wanted to challenge myself.

Hand
Hand
HandsHeart
HandsHeart
PortraitRevised
PortraitRevised
FaceCharcoal
FaceCharcoal
MannaFullSize
MannaFullSize
BottlePencil
BottlePencil
CharcoalBottle
CharcoalBottle
stillLife
stillLife
Dream
Dream
LOVEuncolored
LOVEuncolored
LoveColored
LoveColored