READ OR DIE

Screenshot 2023-01-05 8.08.00 PM
Screenshot 2023-01-05 8.08.00 PM

Welcome to READ OR DIE Hosted by Samaiyah, Flora, Cindy, and Yahil, we read and review our new book The Road, by Cormac McCarthy. This is episode one of our three episodes on the book.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ILtOfzOj-byRzPmNUzg160dWFL8M8TVg/view?usp=sharing

Owen Lin (Student 2023)
Owen Lin

The conciseness of this podcast was really good and the amount of speaking time for each person was split nicely. The transition was also really well done at the end. The only thing this podcast could use more of though in my opinion is organic conversation instead of constant edits but overall it was really well done.

Nicholas Schaeffer (Student 2023)
Nicholas Schaeffer

I thought it was great that you connected the title of your podcast to your discussion about your book. It was interesting how you compared the book to One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and saw depression/suicide as a similar theme.

Samuel Gombiner (Student 2023)
Samuel Gombiner

I liked the concise format the podcast took, it was clear the amount of planning that went into the recording. I think it could benefit from a bit more organic conversation. 

Kylie Vong (Student 2023)
Kylie Vong

It's very structured like its sounds very professional which is a great thing. It makes it interesting to listen to cause of how professional it is. So I enjoyed that aspect since it drew my attention. It kept me focused on the podcast itself. This podcast seemed very short though i was expecting it to be longer and maybe elaborate more on certain topics but you can still get the general understanding of what they have read so far.

Michael Rojas-Sandoval (Student 2023)
Michael Rojas-Sandoval

The podcast itself was well constructed and kinda reminded me like those professional type ones. You guys pointed out good points from your book and made it sound really interesting to the listener. Overall it was a smooth podcast and I look forward to listening to the next podcast.

Samson McCarthy (Student 2023)
Samson McCarthy

This podcast seemed very structured which is a good thing because it allowed you to create a podcast where you could discuss multiple things and allow everyone in your group to speak. I also liked the commentary in itself and comparing it to past readings we have done as a group.

Samuel Masters (Student 2023)
Samuel Masters

I think that this podcast does a really good job at giving context and explaining what has happened and what's going on in the story. I like the focus on the relationship between the son and the father and looking at what the son wants out of the relationship.

Abigail Singleton (Student 2023)
Abigail Singleton

I loved how your group approached the figurative and literal components through the use of the interpretation of what the boy meant when he said that he wanted to be with his mom. Your group says that it is implied that the mother killed herself, and makes the point that a more literal interpretation of this would be he wanting to die himself, and the more figurative meaning would be him wanting to escape this world. This way of addressing the prompt (literal and figurative) was smart and also interesting! Everyone made great connections/interpretations!

Katelyn Chen (Student 2023)
Katelyn Chen

I really liked the intro and how everything was really well explained, I was able to understand what was going on. I really enjoyed this podcast. I like how everything transitioned.

Naja Johnson (Student 2023)
Naja Johnson

I like how you guys all shared your opinions and gave a brief overview of the book for listeners, the style is really smooth throughout and you didnt have a bad time transitioning to the end.

Naja Johnson (Student 2023)
Naja Johnson

Michael Reed (Student 2023)
Michael Reed

The Podcast itself seemed to be really good, all I thought was a little off was the length of it. It was on the short end but you seemed to get your point across great!