Reader Profile: James Thomas

readerprofile
readerprofile

James Thomas is an avid reader of comic books, sci-fi, and super heroes. From a young age, he looked up to Static Shock, the first black super hero of that time. Static Shock was the first thing that came to mind when asked about his favorite childhood book. His favorite book is Marvel Civil Wars because it shows that friends can fight to the death. He likes to read about time travel, biographies, Louis Armstrong, and comic books. His favorite place to read is on the bus, where he is most bored. He often listens to instrumental music while reading. A good ending to Thomas is an ending that doesn’t leave you hanging. He doesn’t like if there is no resolution in the book or a sequel to continue it.

James made it known that his least favorite book is Lord of the Flies just because it is boring. He likes to read for an hour day, not much more. James is currently reading Counting by 7’s by Holly Goldberg Sloan. It is about a 12 year old in middle school whose foster parents have both died. This shows the main character going back and telling the story.