Reader Profile: Thomas Wallison

thomas
thomas

Thomas is not that interested in books. He usually only reads them when it is for a school assignment because he does not relate to content in many books. The only book he really related to was,”No More Dead Dogs” because it was a book about a white boy is middle school who was very much over being there, and that how Thomas usually feels about school. He will not read a book unless he has prior interest or knowledge in the topic or has actually learned about the topic before.

While he considers himself to be a good reader because he pays attention to detail and is able to understand the message, Thomas usually is not inspired by the books that he reads.He feels both uninspired and unmoved by many of the books that he’s come across, and they usually don’t have an impact on him. One of the few that did was the book,”Franklin’s First Day of School” because Thomas read it many times as a child and grew to be attached to it. Even now in his teenage years he still connects with the book. Thomas may not read a lot of books, but when he finds one that he likes it has the ability to deeply resonate with him.