Recipe and Analysis:

​Recipe: 

• 1 (16 ounce) box golden pound cake mix 
  • 4 egg whites 
  • 2/3 cup of water
  • 1/8 cup of brown sugar 
  • 1 1/2 cups of softened butter 
Steps: 
  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. 
  2. Mix egg whites in a bowl until they are firm.
  3. Put contents into bowl and mix them together. (Cake mix, egg whites, and water) 
  4. Put the batter onto a greased baking pan.
  5. Bake for approximately 30 minutes and then insert a toothpick; if it comes out clean then you know they are done.
  6. Let them sit and cool
  7. Add the brown sugar as the "frosting" by sprinkling it over the cake in place of the "frosting". 
  8. Optional: Melt the (Smart Balance Heart Right Light) butter onto the krimpet after for a nice glaze.
  9. Makes about 20 krimpets. 
  10. Enjoy!  
Analysis: 

My snack is not particularly a "healthy snack", but I did change some of the ingredients up to make it better. I made sure to use a certain brand of butter (Smart Balance Heart Right Light) because it is known to be better for you. I also, didn't make the frosting that is usually on top of the krimpet to make it butterscotch. Instead I chose to sprinkle brown sugar on the top of the cake. 

This snack is simple and easy to buy at a local supermarket. Compared to fast food this is a good snack because it's lower in calories and is only a small consumption while if you buy food from a fast food place it is a whole meal and contains way more processed foods and fats. 

This snack is acceptable to eat sometimes, but it's not suitable for an everyday meal. It doesn't contain the necessary nutrients for the body and has a lot of calories. The history behind my recipe began in Pittsburgh and then moved to Philadelphia. Lot's of processed food is packaged and this includes my dish. With that being said I changed some of the ingredients around so that the snack was more healthy and doesn't affect people's health as much as a regular butterscotch krimpet.