Reflecting On The Benchmark Thus Far

First, I would like to address the work I have done so far for my benchmark: I have created my character's Tumblr and sent out my first few posts. Next, I would like to discuss how terribly difficult it was to stop after completing the aforementioned tasks. Tumblr is so terribly interesting! I set aside a half hour to complete the work on my benchmark because I thought the registering and posting would take all of ten minutes with the most time consuming portion her blog's creation being character appropriate decorating or customizing (to use the Tumblr lingo.) However, by the time I had logged off her account, a good hour had passed. I just wanted to keep posting! I wanted to pick a favorite book for her, a favorite movie, a favorite weekday dessert, a favorite place. So I did, condoning my actions with pointing out that had she really just created this account she would have been as over zealous as I was. What I neglected to note is that I had known this would happen and had built such excitement into the timeline. Tomorrow was the day I was supposed to go buckwild on the site, posting each menial thought and seemingly inconsequential like or dislike.  Oh the horror! I had deviated from the timeline on the first day! Wishing to return to the clearly laid path, I took down everything I posted excepting the first post and saved it in a word document making my deviation preparation. In summation, I think things are going well for my benchmark. ​