Reflection

1) This project relates to the real world because we had to go outside and take measurements from houses in the area around our school. People who built these houses and buildings had to measure the height, width, length , area and perimeter to build it correctly. Our group had to measure these building and get the height, width, length, area and perimeter to complete this project. Measuring different things was the main point of the project. We also measured different things on the buildings we were assigned like the windows, doors and bricks. By doing this project it gave us a bigger insight on the building around us. 

2) The most exciting part of this project was going outside and measuring the buildings hands on. We used tape measures and yard sticks to get the measurements of the buildings we had. Even though our tape measure was broke, we mad it work. We got to help each other with our buildings and take pictures of us standing in front of the building for one of the methods and I enjoy taking pictures so that part was fun for me. The least exciting part for me was drawling our blue print. Even though i enjoy drawling the buildings had to be very detailed and that took longer than I expected.

3) What I learned from completing this project is different types of ways to measure a building and different ways to get the height of the building. I learned many different methods that I thought were difficult but ended up using them when I understood it more and that made it much easier for me. I also learned how to do different measurements using technology. I used different apps and I also used google maps to determine a lot of things I needed for my building. I used google maps to draw my blueprint of the building I had and that was very helpful cause I could see everything without being there in person.