Robert Aversa's Personal Systems Essay

Through my eyes, systems that are created and defined, are your choices and the karma that comes after it. Since every choice you will make or didn't, became a system of when you chose that choice, it created a system or a timeline. . But when you choose the option, you were given a karma with it, and if you did something you're giving karma, but if you did something , you were given karma. In my own life, I saw this happen when I got my cat Whiskers, When I had gotten her, it was near December, on a freezing, winter day, I went over to a friends house with my mother. As we got to the porch, I noticed this kitten slowly, but quickly jump on the railing of the porch, and meow softly. I stayed outside and asked their family if they got a new cat. They said no, and explained that someone fed it, and it kept coming back for more. When the other 5 kids came out, it only stay near me, before it circled me, saying that I was her owner. I looked at my mother, and asked if I could keep it, and it took some begging to finally get her to say yes. After a month of having Whiskers, I had to get her to stop biting and scratching me when I tried to feed her. was also difficult to get her to stop playing with my legos, as she kept flinging them around in the middle of the night. However, after a few months, there was progress, as well as some exciting amazing things she learned. She learned how to play ¨catch¨, and she also learned how to roll a ping pong ball over to me. Over the summer, I go to this summer house in the catskills (funny since it's about a kitten) with me, my mother, my grandmother, and my cat. I sleep in the attic (not really an attic just a small room, not as big as most attics.) But back to the story. So when it was about 9:00 pm one day, I went on the ladder to go up, and my cat was crying, so I stayed and watched her , telling her it was going to be ok. However, a mere ladder wasn't going to stop Whiskers from not sleeping next to me. Then I heard my Grandmother say ¨Son of a B*tch” and when I looked to where she was staring, I see my cat climbing a metal, almost slanted ladder. I quickly, but quietly woke my mother up and pointed. I could tell she was shocked and angry, since all the good things that happen with me or Whiskers, she doesn't have her camera ready, So I hug my cat who climbed up, and in the morning. She figured out how to climb down, by slowly jumping down a step, the repeat. Until she is 3 steps close to floor, then she jumped down. So, karma are like cats, Sometimes, there's a great side of a cat and a terrible side of a cat, it's just how it behaves, like we do. Cats are just like life, punishing or rewarding because of our deeds.