Robot Story

Carla woke up to a frantic mother, throwing clothes into an over sized suitcase, in a rush. Her hands were covered in blood and her clothes were shredded.

"Mom, whats wrong?"
 No answer
" MOM!"

Her mother never stopped throwing things around, she went from room to room slamming doors and bringing out everything she could carry. Carla jumped out her bed and followed closely behind her mother wondering what was going on. Carla's mom just kept going around, silently crying with arm fulls of clothes.
"Mom, whats going on!" Carla screamed.
"Go get your brother up, hurry right now, right now," her mother shouted back, pushing her out the bedroom door. On her way into her brothers room she felt her self stepping in something wet and cold. She looked down and the bottom of her feet were covered in blood. She followed the trail of blood with her eyes and saw her father lying in the pool of blood next to a crushed sharp metal object. She ran to him trying to feel for a pulse like she saw in the movies.

"He's already dead," her mom said from a dark corner. She was balled up outside the bedroom door, wailing now.

Suddenly the TV's blank screen turned into colored bars followed by a ear piercing sound, which made them cover their ears.

"Beeeeeeeeeeeep"

This is not a test.

"Over the years, Researchers  and____ have found many traces of robotic life forms all around American that have been inactive for centuries. But from last nights earthquake that destroyed most of the East Coast, and from this morning's quake that ruptured on the West Coast has stirred these life forms and made them active and dangerous. I repeat active and dangerous!  There has been an immediate evacuation of the United States! Time is running out, get to your nearest airport and leave right now!

"End transmission"

Both Carla and her mother looked at each other in a frightful stare.