ROCKETS TAKE BOTH OVER TOWNE IN OPENING DAY DOUBLE HEADER

After a moment of silence to honor the memory of Brandon Williams, a founding player and JV/Asst Coach, the Rockets kicked off the 2018 season by taking both games in a double-header vs Franklin Towne; 8-2 and a come from behind 3-2 nail-biter.

Lots of Rockets took the mound today, with Leo Cassel-Siskind getting the win in Game 1 (3IP 0R, 1 H, 2K, 1BB). Freshmen Vince Cammisa and Cam Simms were also sharp in relief, holding Towne to just 2R on 2H. Patience at the plate also paid off as the Rockets scored 6 runs in the 2nd off just 2 hits, and senior Ijustice Avery added 2 RBIs with laser beam drives (and of course was also HBP).

Game 2 was a tighter affair with tough Towne hitters getting a couple early off David Hammond. He minimized the damage and had a shut down final inning. Avi Cantor did it on both sides of the ball, pitching 4 scoreless innings and surrendering just 1 hit while belting 2 doubles, scoring Trey Mathews, and reaching on a error to score a run in a come from behind 3-2 win. Ijustice Avery kept hit bat hot in Game 2 as well, going 2-3 with a SAC Fly that scored the deciding run.

AND THE DEFENSE!!!!

Sparkling plays across the field by Jakob Cantor, Cam Simms, Vince Cammisa Jackson Shumard, Leo Cassel-Siskind, Alex Gomez and Ijustice Avery made for an error-free double-header.

SLA is atop A-Division with a 2-0 record. Next up: @Bishop McDevitt- Wed, 4/4 3pm start. Come out and support.

Rockets on 3, Family on 6!