Rubber Stamp Cutout

I made this to represent me because I needed to make something that describes me. I made a video game controller because I really like video games and that Pacman symbol is only there because I like Pacman and the C and the L in Pacman are my first initials which is Charles and Langley. I also drew the chord to show that I’m connected to a few people meaning that I got a good amount of friends. Also I use the negative space for the buttons and the logo so they can stand out the most to whoever is looking at this. Negative space is basically the space that is in the white, and I used negative space to my advantage so they can be empty in the buttons. I first drew this game controller, and then I cut out the game controller it self and then the buttons and the logo because when I glued it on my sketch book it allowed me to make a good piece of art and appealing to look at. This has to be by far the best piece I made this year with construction paper. As I was making this piece I learned how important negative space and positive space really is because the it’s like a style. If you use positive space and negative space for another, you might display a different mood. It all depends on how much of negative space or positive space you use. I was really trying to catch a more cheerful mood, but the colors I chose kind of brings out a more negative vibe, and that is not what I want. When I was brainstorming what words described me I was thinking more of the lines like, nice, kind of cool, smart,ect. I had a lot of other designs before this like a tiger or a wolf but, it didn’t really feel like me. When I drew the video game controller however it felt like it described me the most.

New Doc 2017-05-11_1
New Doc 2017-05-11_1