Samaiyah Snowden - Capstone

My capstone, in short, is a website that helps aid with the learning of AP Physics C, Mechanics.It covers many topics, with each page having its own specific topic and problem set(s) to go with it. Each page covers the knowledge needed in that specific topic, with a problem set(s), and the answers with work provided. This will allow the student to test their knowledge after covering the new information they obtained from the website and figure out their understanding. I call this an aid, because the website itself cannot “teach” a student everything they need to know about this course. It is designed to aid students in studying for the AP exams, by going over many of the topics present and using it to review along with the problem sets.

I saw this as something needed in SLA specifically because there are no AP courses available to students. Most college students, especially those in prestigious schools, had already taken numerous AP courses in high school, and they already got a feel of what college-level work looked like. I only knew what it felt like to take a college-level course because I did dual enrollment at the University of Pennsylvania, but not everyone has access to that type of resource, and not everyone meets the requirements to apply. I knew I had to create a widely accessible, and free resource for those students who wanted to take their understanding to the next level.

Website Link:

https://sites.google.com/scienceleadership.org/apphysicsc-mechnics/home?authuser=0

Samaiyah Snowden - Annotated Bibliography For Capstone (1)