Seva Staack Capstone

Clothing is a necessity, people don’t realize that when they purchase clothing it mostly uses non-renewable resources in the material and production. A large portion of clothing ends up in landfills and waste. For my capstone, I wanted to inform people about an environmental problem known as Fast Fashion Waste. I not only wanted to provide valuable information but also inspire people to be creative and learn new ways to help prevent global waste. I learned about waste creation and the multiple effects fast fashion has on our world. Fast fashion is economically, socially, and environmentally very harmful. I created an informative magazine filled with articles and fashionable outfits that are fully recycled. The articles include research I have done on fast fashion and how to prevent it. These articles are connected to photographs I took of friends in fully recycled outfits. There are multiple different sections of the magazine that demonstrate different ways to recycle clothing. The reader will learn about creative recycling methods as well as the overall effect fast fashion has on our environment

Fashion Waste

Annotated Bibliography:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dFgCaapfTWb5oiJu9uts0_NGfCEKbYULRRTwy13hapc/edit?usp=sharing