Sharron Norton- Week 10 Artist Statement

In the Fourth quarter of my art class, we were giving 5 major assignments and these art pieces resulted in the finishing of a Bike, Optical Illusion sketch, an eye, Shaded forms, and lastly a Mandala.  During the process of this task to complete, my creativity was unleashed. From these assignments, I was able to truly have faith in myself as an artist and test my resourceful talent that has been hidden for so long. 

This marking period we really focused on shading. I've learned that Shading is the process of adding value to create the illusion of form, space, and most importantly - light in a drawing. When executed correctly, shading can make a drawing appear three dimensional and create a convincing image. To me, it was so amazing because i never thought that I would ever be able to create something like that. And techniques that was required to be used for applying shading to an object are quite varied. Each technique produces a different texture and "feel" to the drawing. Thanks to my art teacher, I was able to already have knowledge of them. They are called: High dark, Low dark, Medium, Low light, and High light. 

Closing, I would like to express how much I have grown as an artist. From these trails and errors, I was able to learn at my own pace and experience the true life as an Artist. The only thing I would say that I had trouble was managing my time. My goal for next marking period is to turn my assignments in on time.