Siani Davis' Capstone

I knew that I wanted to do this type of project because I have always loved fashion and clothes in general, and I thought that it would be a fun learning experience to see if I can create my own brand, for my own denim. After deciding that personalizing denim is what I wanted to do for my capstone, the first step I took towards it was having a jeans drive. I posted a huge box in front of the office for people to dump old and unwanted jeans into, and I made an announcement in the advisory memo so that my message could be spread across to everyone in the school. I did actually get a good turn out from the donated denim, but I wanted more denim options so I had a bake sale to raise money to go to several thrift shops to find some ideal jeans myself. Once I had all these jeans, I just got to work making my ideas a reality. I completed 21 original pairs of jeans total, and I have taken editorial photographs of about half of them with students from school modeling them. This was an overwhelming, but heartwarming experience, getting to see people wear my jeans which made this project so worthwhile. I also plan on selling all my denim creations and I do personalized orders for people too. This is a project I plan on continuing throughout the rest of this school year and on through to college because it is something I am truly passionate about.
Siani Poster
Siani Poster
Bibliography: 
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aMRur0DLnTu6hgsMjwIUyS5hEKhXiOGm51kfrPkx8Dg/edit?usp=sharing