Siawale Vesslee Capstone

For my capstone project, I was able to travel to Cuba in the spring. During our trip, we were allowed to research a STEM related project of our choosing. For my topic, i decided to look at business and entrepreneurship in Cuba. My research questions were: How are entrepreneurs able to start-up in Cuba? What does entrepreneurship look like in Cuba? How are people able to brand their names in a socialist country? Because Cuba is a socialist country, many people believe that citizens aren't able to branch out to make money any other way. By going on this trip, I was able to destroy that myth, but I also learned of the many different opportunities for Cubans to make money. For my final project, I made a website detailing some of the most popular ways Cubans are able to make money. I was able to include pictures to show just how life changing this trip was.

For my capstone project, I was able to travel to Cuba in the spring. During our trip, we were allowed to research a STEM related project of our choosing. For my topic, i decided to look at business and entrepreneurship in Cuba. My research questions were:

• How are entrepreneurs able to start-up in Cuba?

• What does entrepreneurship look like in Cuba?

• How are people able to brand their names in a socialist country?

Because Cuba is a socialist country, many people believe that citizens aren't able to branch out to make money any other way. By going on this trip, I was able to destroy that myth, but I also learned of the many different opportunities for Cubans to make money.

For my final project, I made a website detailing some of the most popular  ways Cubans are able to make money. I was able to include pictures to show just how life changing this trip was.

Link to my website:

https://sites.google.com/scienceleadership.org/establishing-business-in-cuba/home?authuser=0

Link to my annotated Bibliography:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UYj1valFugxg_drluAPrEAdrFYlBVqixYnkrVIOrEbk/edit