Silhouette T-Shirts

Second quarter started and I had no idea what to do for my project. Until I figured that I might as well screen print t-shirts if I enjoy them so much. One of the most difficult parts was to actually pick what I wanted to print on these shirts. My first instinct was to think of inspirational quotes because who wouldn't like wake up every morning to put on a shirt that had an awesome saying on it like, "happiness depends on ourselves" or "years teach us more than books". I just thought was too 'corny' or bland and boring. So I started thinking and remembered that I have always been fascinated with silhouettes. So here are my sketches:
a
a
b
b
c
c
d
d
Unfortunately, I didn't plan accordingly and didn't expect to need so much time. At first I transferred those sketches onto freezer paper and cut them out but it was very time consuming. I was aware that I could cut them out on contact paper (shelving paper) but unfortunately, I couldn't get my hands on it for a while. I will most definitely never under estimate a project like that again. But the MOST MOST difficult part of the process was cutting the images out of the freezer paper. I forgot how its very challenging to get the contrast right. I had to compromise some of my cutting because I didn't want to have just random pieces cut out. I was able to finish one shirt. I will try to finish the rest of the shirt during third quarter right along with the third quarter project.
102_0016
102_0016