SLA's Amazing Seniors!

​I created a news letter for SLAs seniors who are doing amazing things within the school and the community. Many times all of the news we see is broadcasting something negative and I believe it's time we shed some light on young teens doing good!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1084751/Q4%20BM%20Lauf.pages

• What did you find most challenging about this project?
    I honestly found that the most challenging aspect of this project was 
    actually figuring out what kind of story to bring to the light. 

• How did you go about finding this story?

I volunteered to help with many capstones and projects and I realized that there is good happening right in my face.

• Why do you think this story does not receive more attention?
    I think that the story doesn't receive more attention because the media likes to make young black children look like they only know how to cause trouble, which is not true. My report clearly shoes that young, inner city, black youth can do something beyond amazing and positive. 

• Do you think this story will get more attention over the next few months?  Why?  Why not?

No, because it's not a story most people care to hear about. If it doesn't involve violence it won't get as much attention.

• What did you learn?

I learned that the news doesn't have to be the only outlet for information. I, myself can broadcast the good I see around me to others.