- When entering REM sleep, the brain shuts down the release of certain neurotransmitters and causes paralysis.
- sleep paralysis is one common symptom of narcolepsy, most sufferers are not narcoleptic.
- Occurs during REM sleep when awoken from it. It is the transitions between sleep and being awake.
- nearly a third of americans are sleep deprived and irregular sleep partners are the leading causes of sleep paralysis. Being sleep deprived can lead to many different sleep disorder.
- I have been having sleep paralysis for almost 3 years now and it has been something that very much interested me. So I decided to present about it.
Link to Presentation: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1vkXC_yPdQ_8GGoQn_5BjxXz2cKWxbdUu_GSso20HznE/edit