Sleepless Nights

final project
final project

I started this piece halfway through October and finished it on 11/11. I used an application called Krita to create it. This piece shows a lot of my experience with 2020, especially the pandemic. It shows how schools closed and I had to take learning virtually, how I slowly started getting disconnected from friends, and the insomnia I suddenly had to deal with. And during those sleepless nights, I would think. I would think about the time when I could go to school and see my friends every day, about the time where I could go in public not having to worry about what I’m touching and breathing, about the time when people didn’t seem so divided, but most of all, about the time when everything was alright. These sleepless nights lasted forever, every time leaving me more empty than the last. And the moment everything turned completely dark, the sun would rise. Every day the sun kept rising and that would keep me going. A new day meant a new opportunity. The sun would always remind me of how beautiful the world is and it would push me to keep going, to see what the future holds for me.

Harper Leary (Student 2024)
Harper Leary

Wow, Dinajda this is so good! You're an exceptional artist and this really captures how you and a lot of other people (including me) felt during March and throughout this lockdown.