Slide Remake: Abel Solomon

One Slide Project (1)

Through the critique of my slide, I’ve learned the importance of taking your time while designing something. On my first draft, I rushed my assignment and as a result I didn’t use any of the strategies we learned through the videos. Not to mention the fact, that the background color didn’t fit the theme. But, after I received my constructive criticism, I bled all of my pictures, and I chose a more suitable background color.

The changes I made to my slides incorporated the advice used from the videos that we were linked. I wanted to keep my slide straight to the point. So I chose white as a background so it wouldn’t make the slide pop. This was really the only way to achieve it because I already went for a simplistic approach. The most influential source of those we received was the presentation zen.

The research that I used ended up helping me in a variety of ways. First and foremost we have bleeding. Prior to reading the article I had no understanding of bleeding whatsoever. However, after reading I used the bleeding technique. Then, I learned how important keeping it simple can be. With complex designs using bright colors and such, it often takes away the meaning of the design. So, instead of using a bright green for a background color, I used white.