SSmith Quarter Three Drawlings

Going into this quarter I have to admit that I was nervous. This was the first time that I had drawn objects that were in front of me and taking into consideration shadows. This was also my first time using charcoal and drawling larger pictures. It was a challenge trying to complete one drawling in one week for me because i was really trying to take my time and make everything perfect.  It often got very stressful. But as the quarter progressed I got the hang off drawling and instead of being stressful it actually relieved the stresses that I had from other classes and I began to enjoy myself. I was surprised at some of my finished products.

I have no complaints about what the teacher should have done differently. She was there to help and let us handle drawling art in a way that was good for us. She allowed us to spread out through the hallways and listening to music. Which made the environment more relaxing making it easier to draw. As for what I could have done differently, I would definitely say that in the beginning I should have take the class more seriously so that I would have to be stressed when it came to finishing the pieces.

For the extra project I choice Cubism as my genre. Cubism is an abstract art form. In this type of art the subject is shown in many different angles by using geometric shapes. I choice this as my genre because when I looked at some pictures of Cubism it seemed as though there were a bunch of shapes, creating somewhat of a mosaic,but under was also another picture. Kind of like one picture on top of another. As you look at my pieces can you tell what the hidden object is? 

My Hand
HandSmall
HandSmall
Small Self Portrait
SelfPortraitSmall
SelfPortraitSmall
Self Portrait Large
SelfPortraitLarge
SelfPortraitLarge
Still Life 
StillLife
StillLife
Clear Drawling Small
ClearDrawlingSmall
ClearDrawlingSmall
Clear Drawling Large
Cubism
Cubism Music Notes
Cubism Music Notes
CubismHeart
CubismHeart