SStewart-McDonaldE1Quarter 1

1. Full Figure
2. Clear Object

During this quarter, I took a new approach to my work. Usually I work in mainly monotones, like blacks and whites and the in betweens, but instead I decided to add a bit of color, at least I did to the full figure drawing. I feel like I have a better understanding of how to draw the human body, but it's definitely something I have to work on. With my clear objects (I drew two, the sphere one is drawn with charcoal, the glass was drawn with pencil), I believe there is some things I have to work on, particularly the lighting in the glass, I think I have captured the shadows pretty well. I spent the same amount of time on both, so all in all, I believe I work better in pencil than in charcoal; I feel like I have more control over pencil markings.

For the next quarter, I plan to make my hand drawings as realistic as possible and I want to try different hand positions, instead of a classic relaxed position. I also want to try to add color to the still life; last year most if not all my drawings were only in black and white, so I want to experiment more with color.
FullFigure
FullFigure
IMG_20111025_091835
IMG_20111025_091835
IMG_20111104_134812
IMG_20111104_134812